Mobile Computer Entertainment
PLEASE LOGIN TO GET FULL ADVANTAGE FROM THIS FORUM OF FREE MOBILE AND COMPUTER HELP

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PLEASE LOGIN TO GET FULL ADVANTAGE FROM THIS FORUM OF FREE MOBILE AND COMPUTER HELP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PC Repairs and Maintenance (Software and hardware)

2 posters

Go down

PC Repairs and Maintenance (Software and hardware) Empty PC Repairs and Maintenance (Software and hardware)

Post  kachman Fri May 01, 2009 4:08 am

HI all members. In here you can post all your Pc hardware and Software issues and i will help you with a solution to the best of my knowledge. I have a very good experience with computers. Please make sure to give full details me the problem and how & when it started, also what you did before the problem occurred. also tell me what steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the problem. Thanks
kachman
kachman

Back to top Go down

PC Repairs and Maintenance (Software and hardware) Empty Re: PC Repairs and Maintenance (Software and hardware)

Post  Admin Fri May 01, 2009 1:06 pm

Can you solve a problem?

In my pc, when I open any drive by double clicking a error comes:-

''Windows cannot find 'RECYCLER/S-8-63-100029786-10006827-9867.COM' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, press start button, and then click search.''

When I format a useless drive it opens but I cant format all my drives as they are very important. I have to right click drive and then press explore and then open files!

If you have some solution please give me solution, except formatting my drives Very Happy Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://mobileentertainment.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

PC Repairs and Maintenance (Software and hardware) Empty Re: PC Repairs and Maintenance (Software and hardware)

Post  kachman Fri May 01, 2009 3:14 pm

First of all, I recommend you download Mcafee VirusScan Enterprise.

after you download mcafee go here http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/superdat.asp?region=us&segment=enterprise

That is the link for updating your mcafee enterprise (download sdat5XXX.exe, xxx is some version number).

after you have updated your antivirus and restarted your pc, go to My computer, Tools Menu, then CHoose folder options, then on view tab, Activate show hidden files and folders and check Hide extensions for known file types (make it active), and also activate Hide protected operating system files., CLick apply and then ok. Open folder options again and see if the settings you have just applied are still there. If everything is ok.

Then Right click on the Drive that you dont want to format, and select "Scan for Threats". When a virus is detected, select clean (if a USEFULL file is infected), but select DELETE (if a useless file is infected).

Do the same for all other Drives. Infact, I recomend you do a full system scan, by right clicking on mcafee icon in system tray and select DO on Demand scan, then press start on the window that pops up.

Let me know if you need more info...

As always, add to my reputation if you love my post !!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
kachman
kachman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down